The Irish Government has published 9 practical steps for all business - both large and small - to take in order to prepare for Brexit:
- Review your supply chain and UK market strategy
- Understand the new rules for importing from or exporting to the UK
- Be aware of possible changes to transport and logistics for goods transiting via the UK
- Review all your regulation, licensing and certification requirements
- Review your contracts and your data management
- Manage your cash flow, currency and banking
- Protect and inform your staff
- Take advantage of Government Brexit programmes and supports
- Know more about the impact on your sector
The Government has published a user-friendly digital guide called "Get your Business Brexit Ready: Practical Steps", which can be found here.
Further Government announcements:
- The Government has urged business owners to accelerate their Brexit preparations in light of the 8 week deadline.
- An extension to the €100 million Beef Exceptional Aid Measure deadline has been announced, with one-one clinics being set up to assist with applications.
- Free upcoming seminars are available on "Practical steps to keep agri-food trade moving" in various locations in Ireland.
- Drivers with UK licences are being reminded they must exchange it for an Irish licence to ensure they can continue to drive on Irish roads.
- Changes to online retail for consumers buying from the UK are highlighted as research is published by the Competition and Consumer Protection Commission.
Further information is available at www.gov.ie/brexit.
This document (and any information accessed through links in this document) is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Professional legal advice should be obtained before taking or refraining from any action as a result of the contents of this document.