Tax and corporate reputation: how does it affect your business?
In the current climate the government and public are more focused on the amount of tax paid by large businesses than ever before. As corporate reputation and the amount of tax paid has become entwined, tax has been pushed up the board room agenda as tax planning now has potential to jeopardise a whole business if it goes wrong. At this event our panel will discuss a number of issues that our clients are talking to us about such as:
- How the fear of being the next public target is affecting day to day operations
- How much interest are boards taking in the tax team and its work
- Is it harder for taxpayers to win in court than it was ten years ago?
- What scope is there for negotiating with HMRC?
- How tax teams are working with PR specialists to deal with reputational issues before and after they arise
We are delighted to announce that our panel for this event will include: Hui Ling McCarthy QC (barrister 11 New Square), and Martin Shah (Partner at Simmons & Simmons) The aim of the network is to encourage discussion and sharing of practical experience. If you would like to submit any questions or points for the panel in advance of the session please email either: Matthew Norris or Crystal Randles-Mills.
The Simmons & Simmons Tax Peer Network
The aim of the network is to provide junior and mid-level tax professionals with the opportunity to meet and network with their peers. At network events speakers will offer insights into topics and issues which are impacting the tax affairs of major businesses. It will also provide an open forum for members to discuss these topics, raise questions and initiate discussions around other topical issues and learn from one another through the sharing of knowledge and experience.
T +44 20 7825 3516 or