navigator: banking covers the key issues relevant to entities looking to provide banking activities (including taking deposits, foreign exchange trading and payment services) on a cross border basis.
Available online on a subscription basis, the service currently covers over 80 jurisdictions and is based on information provided by local counsel that is reviewed and updated regularly, and has been critically analysed by our team of dedicated navigator lawyers.
navigator: banking helps you to know...
- whether offering or providing banking activities on a cross-border basis will trigger a licensing requirement in the jurisdiction
- where a licensing requirement is triggered, whether any exemptions apply and, if so, what impact do they have on how and to whom you offer/provide services
- if and how it is possible to respond to a reverse enquiry from a potential investor without triggering licensing requirements
- what additional risks you need to consider when marketing banking services
- whether any foreign currency controls apply in the jurisdiction which may restrict banking activities
If you would like to know more about subscribing to navigator, please contact Sophie Hughes.