navigator: derivatives and FX
navigator: derivatives and FX covers the key issues relevant to entities looking to enter into derivatives and FX spot contracts with counterparties on a cross-border basis.
Available online on a subscription basis, the service currently covers over 74 jurisdictions and is based on information provided by local counsel that is reviewed and updated regularly, and has been critically analysed by our team of dedicated navigator lawyers.
navigator: derivatives helps you to know...
- what activities can be carried out in the jurisdiction without triggering: (i) a local
licensing requirement; and/or (ii) any applicable product specific restrictions
- what the local market infrastructure for trading and clearing derivatives look like
- what are the specific local risks that need to be considered in respect of entering into
derivatives and FX spot contracts with counterparties in the jurisdiction (including legal
and contractual risks, recharacterisation risk, insolvency risk and counterparty capacity
and authority risk)
- whether any currency restrictions apply and how they impact on trading activities
- how local settlement systems work and what risks may arise as a result
If you would like to know more about subscribing to navigator, please contact Sophie Hughes.