Africa Mining Legal Database
Available on a subscription basis, this service covers more than 35 jurisdictions across Africa, increasing to 45, and is based on information provided by local counsel that is reviewed and updated regularly, and has been analysed by Simmons & Simmons.
This Africa Mining Legal Database helps you to understand in each jurisdiction:
- the key mining laws and government entities
- the mining rights that can be acquired and their key terms
- local content restrictions
- optimal business structures for your investment
- regulation of transfer of funds, processing, sales etc.
- the taxation regime for mining companies
- the key environmental, health and safety and social responsibility laws
- the issues to consider in protecting your rights and dealing with disputes, and
- many other key issues.
This document (and any information accessed through links in this document) is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Professional legal advice should be obtained before taking or refraining from any action as a result of the contents of this document.
Key contacts at
Simmons & Simmons
If you are interested in finding out more about the product, or would like to arrange a demo, please contact Iain Duncan and Yves Baratte, providing your name, organisation and contact details along with your enquiry.
Our navigator service provides a range of subscription products covering key areas of financial services regulation across a range of jurisdictions in Africa including:
- how to do business with investors
- how to offer financial products into Africa on a cross border basis, and
- what issues to consider when investing in African companies.
To find out more, visit Simmons & Simmons navigator or contact us to arrange a free trial.