Simmons & Simmons LaunchPlus: US to UK
If you are a US-based fund manager considering launching a UK office, Simmons & Simmons LaunchPlus: US to UK assists you in:
- structuring your UK business and choosing the correct entity type
- navigating the FCA authorisation process and potential exemptions or available alternative solutions in order to avoid the need for FCA authorisation of your UK entity in its own right
- setting up your UK business, including understanding how to deal with UK employment law issues, handling lease negotiations and navigating through brand protection and data protection issues
- operating your UK business, including understanding relevant European marketing rules and periodic filing requirements, and
- understanding the implications of Brexit for your plans and on other business structuring in conjunction with Simmons & Simmons' market leading Brexit resources.
LaunchPlus: US to UK draws on Simmons & Simmons’ extensive experience helping some of the best known and most well established US-based hedge fund managers to set up and operate in the UK and Europe.
Why choose Simmons & Simmons for your start-up launch?
- we regularly advise over 50 US fund managers with London offices
- we act for 16 of the top 20 US hedge fund managers and 14 of the top 20 global asset management firms
- we offer unrivalled UK and European financial services regulatory advice, including in relation to AIFMD, MiFID, MAR and EMIR among others, to international asset managers through our international network
- we pride ourselves on being a full service firm. Clients of the firm benefit from not just our financial services regulatory and funds practice but also our award winning employment, corporate, tax and IP practices all under one roof, and
- our aim is to have a long-term association with your business and to provide high quality, practical solutions at all times.
Our LaunchPlus services