An introduction to the Credit Guarantee and Investment Facility (CGIF) and an update on the green bonds market.
The market continues to see increasing issues of green bonds and keen interest in green bonds.
Simmons & Simmons collaborated with a supranational Asian guarantee provider, the Credit Guarantee and Investment Facility (CGIF) to provide an update session on the green bonds market. CGIF was established by the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) together with the People's Republic of China, Japan, Republic of Korea (ASEAN+3) and Asian Development Bank (ADB) and has been playing a leading role in developing green bonds in Asia.
Topics covered include:
- Green bonds update – current status and trend
- Case studies – “Climate Bond Award/Euro-money” winning deal (Tiwi-Makban/PH) and others
- CGIF’s Guarantee structures/benefits to issuers and new products (Construction Period G)
- Jay Lee, Partner, Simmons & Simmons
- Gene Park, General Counsel, CGIF
This document (and any information accessed through links in this document) is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Professional legal advice should be obtained before taking or refraining from any action as a result of the contents of this document.